The Walton County Board of County Commissioners (BCC) met this morning, and voted to reopen the beaches and county parks (including the county golf course) effective Friday, 5/1/2020. The reopening is subject to the following conditions:
- Activities limited to those previously authorized by the Governor's executive order, which include walking, biking, hiking, fishing, hunting, running, or swimming.
- The BCC further included jogging, paddleboarding, surfing, and boating (collectively, "water activities").
- Sunbathing is not included. However, chairs, umbrellas, etc. are allowed.
- CDC social distancing guidelines apply (6' apart; no more than 10 gathered).
- No beach vendors (i.e. bonfires; beach chairs)
- No special events.
The BCC will collectively reassess the resolution at their next meeting, which will be held on 5/12/2020, unless circumstances warrant an emergency meeting. At that time, the BCC has indicated that they will consider further loosening the restrictions based on the previous two weeks of being open and based on further guidance from local, state, and national officials.Alyssa Walker on