During the press conference on April 29, 2020, Governor DeSantis announced that the state of Florida will be re-opening in phases beginning Monday, May 4, 2020 (excluding southeast Florida).PHASE ONE
- Vacation rentals are prohibited with no specific date for expiration.
- Schools remain closed with distance learning.
- No visitors in long term care facilities.
- Elective surgeries to resume.
- Restaurants may open with outdoor seating and social distancing (6ft). Indoor dining possible at 25% capacity.
- Retail can open with a 25% of indoor capacity social distancing
- Bars, Gyms, and personal services such as hair dressers remain closed. Retail components of these businesses can operate.