The Walton County Board of County Commissioners (BCC) met this morning, and voted to reopen the beaches and county parks (including the county golf course) effective Friday, 5/1/2020. The reopening is subject to the following conditions:
- Activities limited to those previously authorized by the Governor's executive order, which include walking, biking, hiking, fishing, hunting, running, or swimming.
- The BCC further included jogging, paddleboarding, surfing, and boating (collectively, "water activities").
- Sunbathing is not included. However, chairs, umbrellas, etc. are allowed.
- CDC social distancing guidelines apply (6' apart; no more than 10 gathered).
- No beach vendors (i.e. bonfires; beach chairs)
- No special events.